Deadline dates for applications and receipt of all required application materials are:
|July 1||Fall Admission|
|November 1||Spring Admission|
|April 1||Summer Admission|
Any exceptions to these deadlines must be granted by the graduate program chair.
Application Materials Required for the MA with a Major in Integrated Studies
Applicants for the MA with a major in Integrated Studies will be permitted to enroll for one semester of graduate coursework (only after degree posted transcripts have been received) while completing all other general application procedure requirements.
Applicants for the MA with a major in Integrated Studies must submit all of the following documentation to Graduate Admissions to be considered for admission:
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602
- Completed JSU Graduate Application for Admission.
- Non-refundable $35.00 application processing fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities with degrees posted. (Students who have previously attended JSU do not need to request a transcript from the university.)
- Three Graduate Reference Forms completed by individuals who can provide qualitative assessment of the applicant’s potential for success in graduate coursework. Reference forms will be submitted electronically. Instructions for submission will be sent through email to the applicant upon submission of the online graduate application.
- International student applicants must see the International Student Applicants section of this catalog for other application and enrollment requirements.
Admission Requirements for the MA with a Major in Integrated Studies
Applicants who meet general admission requirements to Graduate Studies are eligible for admission to this program. A particular undergraduate major is not specified for admission to this program.
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher for their last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework will be unconditionally admitted.
- Students with a cumulative GPA below 3.00 for their last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be conditionally admitted.
Applicants who are granted conditional admission must achieve a GPA of at least 3.00 on the first 12 graduate hours attempted. Failure to meet these conditions will result in the student being dropped from graduate studies.
Minimum Requirements for the MA with a Major in Integrated Studies
An overall 3.00 GPA is required on all coursework attempted for the master’s degree. Transfer credit cannot be used to raise the GPA to the required 3.00.
The student must complete a minimum of 30 graduate semester hours in approved courses, of which 18 graduate semester hours must be from two or more of the following fields of study:
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management
- Political Science
The remaining 12 graduate semester hours may be completed in other fields selected by the student and the advisor.
At least one-half of the graduate courses for the MA with a major in Integrated Studies must be at the 500 level or above. Students enrolled in this program may receive advisor approval to take graduate Art courses, which are numbered at the 600 level. No other 600-level courses are open to students in this program.
Integrated Studies Courses
In addition to Integrated Studies (INS) courses, other applicable courses and their descriptions are located in the various academic departments in this catalog.
Graduation and Comprehensive Exam
A comprehensive exam is required for this degree; please see the graduate advisor for full details. All students must apply for graduation by the given deadline of the semester in which they plan to graduate. Please see the Graduation and Comprehensive Exam section of this catalog for more information.