Deadline dates for applications and receipt of all required application materials are:
|July 1||Fall Admission|
|November 1||Spring Admission|
|April 1||Summer Admission|
Any exceptions to these deadlines must be granted by the graduate program chair.
Application Materials Required for the MS with a Major in Manufacturing Systems Technology
Applicants for the MS with a major in Manufacturing Systems Technology may be permitted to enroll in one semester of graduate coursework (if they are a U.S. citizen and degree posted transcripts have been received) while completing all other general application procedure requirements.
Applicants for the MS with a major in Manufacturing Systems Technology must submit all of the following documentation to Graduate Admissions to be considered for admission:
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602
- Completed JSU Graduate Application for Admission.
- Non-refundable $35.00 application processing fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities with degrees posted. (Students who have previously attended JSU do not need to request a transcript from the university.)
- Official tests scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) taken within five years of application.
Official GMAT scores are only required for applicants whose undergraduate degree is not from an ATMAE or ABET accredited program or whose degree GPA from an ATMAE or ABET accredited program is below a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- International student applicants must see the International Student Applicants section of this catalog for other application and enrollment requirements.
Admission Requirements for the MS with a Major in Manufacturing Systems Technology
An undergraduate degree in technology is not required for admission, but candidates with other degrees may be required to complete additional undergraduate courses based on evaluation of academic and professional experiences.
Applicants are admitted on a selective basis upon review of the completed application package.
Applicants for whom the GMAT is not waived must meet one of the following admission formula requirements. For purposes of computing the undergraduate grade point average, a 4.00 grade point scale is used. The plus (+) and minus (-) grades from undergraduate transcripts are not used in calculating the GPA.
Unconditional Admission Requires the Following:
- An undergraduate degree from an ATMAE or ABET accredited program with a degree GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, or
- A minimum GMAT score of 400 or equivalent GRE score.
- An applicant failing to meet the requirements for unconditional admission may be considered for conditional admission upon recommendation from the departmental graduate faculty with approval from the Dean of Graduate Studies.
A student admitted on a conditional basis must attain a minimum GPA of 3.00 on the first 12 semester hours of graduate courses attempted. Failure to meet these conditions will result in the student being dropped from graduate studies.
Minimum Requirements for the MS with a Major in Manufacturing Systems Technology
An overall 3.00 GPA is required on all coursework attempted for the master’s degree. Transfer credit cannot be used to raise the GPA to the required 3.00.
|MFG 505||Manufacturing Operational Systems I||3|
|MFG 507||Manufacturing Operational Systems II||3|
|MFG 511||Manufacturing Computer/Information Systems||3|
|MFG 515||Manufacturing Systems Simulation||3|
|MFG 521||Manufacturing Value Analysis||3|
|MFG 531||Automated Manufacturing Technology||3|
|MFG 540||Safety and Health Administration||3|
|MFG 595||Project Development and Management||3|
|6 Hours of 500+ Electives||6|
Graduation and Comprehensive Exam
A comprehensive exam is required for this degree; please see the graduate advisor for full details. All students must apply for graduation by the given deadline of the semester in which they plan to graduate. Please see the Graduation and Comprehensive Exam section of this catalog for more information.