Please review our Graduate Certificate Disclosure information.
Application Materials Required for the Graduate Certificate in Athletic Administration
Applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Athletic Administration must submit all the following documentation to Graduate Admissions to be considered for admission:
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602
- Completed JSU Graduate Application for Admission.
- Non-refundable $35.00 application processing fee.
- Official transcripts from the postsecondary institutions awarding the bachelor’s degree. To be considered for admission, applicants must hold a degree from an institutionally accredited institution or its foreign equivalent. (Students who have previously attended JSU do not need to request a transcript from the university.)
- International student applicants must see the International Student Applicants section of this catalog for other application and enrollment requirements.
Admission Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Athletic Administration
In addition to meeting general admission requirements of Graduate Studies, applicants for this Graduate Certificate must have at least an undergraduate minor in Sport Management or its equivalent, as determined by the head of the Kinesiology Department.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.00 (on a 4.00 grade point scale) are eligible for unconditional admission. Applicants who already hold master’s degrees will be unconditionally admitted.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.00 may be conditionally admitted with the recommendation of the head of the Kinesiology Department.
Minimum Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Athletic Administration
An overall 3.00 GPA is required on all coursework attempted for the graduate certificate. Transfer credit is not accepted toward a graduate certificate program.
|HPE 527||Compliance in Athletics||3|
|HPE 540||Law and Ethics in Wellness and Sports Studies||3|
|HPE 568||Administration of Athletics||3|
|HPE 564||Human Resources Management in Sport||3|
|or HPE 567||Sport Facility Administration and Design|
|or HPE 576||Sport Marketing|
Graduation and Comprehensive Exam
No comprehensive exam is required for this Graduate Certificate. All students must apply for certificate completion by the given deadline of the semester in which they plan to complete. Please see the Graduation and Comprehensive Exam section of this catalog for more information.