An Emergency Preparedness Nursing Coordinator Graduate Certificate is available for non-degree students who wish to specialize in the area of emergency management nursing. Upon satisfactorily completing the 15 hours required of the graduate certificate, an entry will be made on the student’s transcript. All courses are delivered through distance education.
A student who completes the graduate certificate in Emergency Preparedness Nursing Coordinator may apply the 15 hours credit toward the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) in Population Health with a Concentration in Emergency Management. All coursework for the MSN must be completed within six years. Hours earned through a graduate certificate program may only be applied to one graduate degree.
Please review the Graduate Certificate Disclosure information.
Application Materials Required for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Preparedness Nursing Coordinator
Applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Preparedness Nursing Coordinator must submit the following documentation to Graduate Admissions to be considered for admission:
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602
- Completed JSU Graduate Application for Admission.
- Non-refundable $35.00 application processing fee.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in nursing from a regionally accredited university with a professionally accredited nursing program.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities with degrees posted. (Students who have previously attended JSU do not need to request a transcript from the university.)
- A current unencumbered RN license.
- Three Graduate Reference Forms completed by individuals who can provide qualitative assessment of the applicant’s potential for success in graduate coursework. Reference forms will be submitted electronically. Instructions for submission will be sent through email to the applicant upon submission of the online graduate application.
- International student applicants must see the International Student Applicants section of this catalog for other application and enrollment requirements.
Admission Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Preparedness Nursing Coordinator
Applicants are admitted on a selective basis upon review of the completed application package.
Minimum Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Preparedness Nursing Coordinator
An overall 3.00 GPA is required on all coursework attempted for the graduate certificate. Transfer credit is not accepted toward a graduate certificate program.
|EM 505||Foundations of Emergency Management||3|
|EM 545||Emergency Preparedness||3|
|EM 555||Disaster Response||3|
|EM 575||Medical Aspects of Emergency Management||3|
|Required Emergency Management Electives|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Vulnerability and Capacity-Building|
|Healthcare Leadership for All Hazards Incidents|
15 Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Graduate Certificate.
Graduation and Comprehensive Exam
No comprehensive exam is required for this Graduate Certificate. All students must apply for certificate completion by the given deadline of the semester in which they plan to complete. Please see the Graduation and Comprehensive Exam section of this catalog for more information.